With just one easy step, you can set up Autopilot and start using it to cut your interview scheduling time by up to 91% and get up to 8x more interviews scheduled!
Autopilot — CareerPlug's automated interview scheduling tool — handles communication with applicants to contact and convert them to interviews faster, and helps you eliminate the back-and-forth nightmare of manually scheduling interviews.
When you upgrade to CareerPlug's Premium plan, Autopilot will automatically be added to all of your hiring processes and open jobs. When this happens, a new Autopilot hiring step will automatically be added as the second step of all of your hiring processes. All you need to do is connect your calendar to your CareerPlug account and you're ready to go!
Connect your calendar to CareerPlug and let Autopilot start doing the work of scheduling interviews so you can get back to managing your business.
1. Click the Set Up Autopilot button in your top navigation bar.
You can also set up your calendar by navigating to My Profile > Calendars.
2. Find your calendar account provider on the Calendars tab and click the associated button.
3. On the following page, click the checkbox to agree to the terms and allow CareerPlug (via Cronofy) to access your calendar account.
4. Click the Link [Provider] Account button.
5. Select the calendar account you want to connect to CareerPlug.
If you select an account not currently signed into your browser, you must enter your login credentials. If you don't see the account you're looking for, click Use another account to enter login credentials for a different calendar account.
6. Click the Allow button to share your calendar account information with CareerPlug (via Cronofy).
You've connected your calendar to CareerPlug! Now it's time to start using Autopilot to automatically schedule interviews with your applicants.
When you connect your calendar to CareerPlug, your Minimum Interview Notice, Primary Calendar, and Working Hours will automatically be set to smart defaults. To configure your Autopilot calendar settings, navigate to the Calendars tab in My Profile.
To view your active calendar accounts, navigate to My Profile > Calendars. Click the Add calendar account button to connect additional calendar accounts to your profile.
With your calendar connected to CareerPlug, you're ready to let Autopilot start scheduling interviews with your applicants.
1. Navigate to your Applicants page.
2. Locate the employee you want to schedule an interview with and click the Begin Autopilot button (in the Actions column).
If you haven't added a phone number to enable texting for your account, you will be prompted to do so the first time you begin Autopilot. Enter your preferred area code and CareerPlug will assign you a phone number that you'll use when contacting applicants from your account.
3. In the Begin Autopilot drawer, select the type of interview: In Person, Phone, or Video.
4. Enter In Person, Phone, or Video details in the field below: a physical address, a phone number, or a video link.
5. Select how long the Interview will last for from the drop-down menu.
6. Select an Interviewer from the drop-down menu.
The Interviewer is the user whose calendar will be used to determine interview availability for the applicant and who will receive all notifications about the interview.
If the interviewer you want to select is not listed, advise them to connect their calendar to CareerPlug.
7. Set the expiration date for the interview link – or how long the applicant will have to schedule the interview using the link provided – using the Can be scheduled up to drop-down menu.
Before you start Autopilot, you can click Show preview message to preview templates for the initial message, 1st and 2nd reminder, and the confirmation message – as well as the dynamic fields that will automatically populate before messages are sent to your applicant – each ready to use without you needing to even press a key.
Autopilot's standardized messages — which cannot be customized — have been crafted to capture the attention of applicants and help you efficiently schedule interviews. Standardized messages provide a prewritten introduction to you, your company, and the position, saving time that you can spend focusing on conducting interviews instead of coordinating them.
8. If you want to save your current Autopilot configuration as an Autopilot Default — allowing you to use these Autopilot options for all future applicants who apply for this job — turn on the toggle in the bottom left corner of the drawer.
9. Once you’re done reviewing Autopilot details, click the Launch button in the bottom right corner of the drawer.
The applicant will receive an automated text message inviting them to an interview. After they select a time slot, the applicant will receive a calendar invite and, later, an automated interview reminder.
Autopilot sends the initial message via SMS Texting. Applicants who don't schedule an interview within 24 hours will receive a text reminding them to select an interview time. If still unresponsive after 48 hours, applicants will receive an email reminder. However, if an applicant opts out of receiving text messages, Autopilot will only send messages via email.
The user selected as Interviewer will receive a scheduled confirmation email and the interview event will automatically be added to their calendar. However, the person who begins Autopilot will not receive any notification.
With Autopilot enabled for your CareerPlug account, you can get back to running your business instead of coordinating interviews!