Note: Only account administrators can add Autopilot to a hiring process.
When you upgrade to CareerPlug's Premium plan, Autopilot will automatically be added to all of your hiring processes and open jobs. You'll only need to add Autopilot to any new hiring processes you create.
Watch this video to learn how to add Autopilot to your hiring process, or follow the steps below:
To add Autopilot to a new hiring process:
1. Navigate to Settings > Hiring Tools > Hiring Process.
2. Click the plus icon (+) and select Create Blank Hiring Process from the drop-down menu.
If you have an existing Autopilot-enabled hiring process that you'd like to use as a starting point, select Clone from Hiring Process instead.
3. Configure your new hiring process to meet your recruiting needs.
4. Click the plus icon (+) on the Autopilot tile on the right side of the page to add an Autopilot hiring step to your hiring process. You need at least one Autopilot hiring step in your hiring process for Autopilot to work.
If you'd like to use Autopilot for all interview steps in your hiring process, you'll need to add an Autopilot hiring step in place of each interview step (i.e. if your business' hiring process typically includes both the Phone Interview and In Person Interview steps, don't add either of those steps and instead add two Autopilot hiring steps).
5. Configure the following settings for any Autopilot hiring step you add to your hiring process:
- Hiring step name - Enter a different name for the hiring step if you'd like.
- We recommend differentiating your Autopilot hiring steps (e.g. "Autopilot - 1st Interview" & "Autopilot - 2nd Interview" or "Autopilot - Phone Interview" & "Autopilot - In Person Interview").
- Select Hiring Tools - Select any Scorecards you want to use for this hiring step.
- Add External Link - Add hyperlinks to external resources like interview guides, important documents, or supporting articles.
6. When you are done configuring a hiring step, click the Save Changes button.
7. Use the blue up-and-down arrows to re-order hiring steps according to your needs.
To get the most out of your Autopilot hiring process, we recommend including and ordering your hiring steps as such: New Application > Autopilot (1st Interview) > Assessment > Autopilot (2nd Interview) > References > Offer > Background > Hire.
8. Once you've finished configuring your hiring steps, click the Save and Exit button in the top-right corner of the page to create your new, Autopilot-enabled hiring process.
Here's more information on creating and editing your hiring processes in CareerPlug, as well as adding your Autopilot-enabled hiring process to an open job.
If you create a new hiring process that doesn't include at least one Autopilot step, you'll see a Use Autopilot button next to it on your Hiring Process page. To fix this, click the Use Autopilot button and convert at least one of your interview steps to an Autopilot hiring step.